No signal

Lena19
Explorer

Hi! I'm currently in Switzerland and facing signal issues. I've already tried manually selecting networks, as well as turning my phone off and on, disabling and enabling cellular data and roaming, but the problem persists. 

Thanks in advance,

6 REPLIES 6
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Enabling cellular data is irrelevant for connecting to foreign networks unless you already have a connection and want to use mobile data. You've mentioned enabling roaming, but how exactly have you done this?

The process for enabling roaming - giving your phone permission to use foreign networks - differs between pay-monthly & PAYG, which are you?

Assuming you are pay-monthly, the normal activation is by texting ROAMING to 150 before leaving the UK. Did you do this?

Thank you for the prompt answer. I am a new user, and my plan is paid for by my company. So, I wasn't aware of the requirement to send a text to 150. What can be done now to establish a connection on my phone? 

Regarding enabling roaming data, I was referring to the phone settings that can be turned on and off.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lena19,

If it is a company phone you're using, you may need to ask the person who manages the EE account within your business to activate roaming on your behalf.

If it is a corporate account, they can arrange this with their EE account manager.

James

Thank you! That was helpful!

@Lena19 wrote:

Regarding enabling roaming data, I was referring to the phone settings that can be turned on and off.

I assumed as much - this just enables the facility to use mobile data whilst roaming, but roaming still needs enabling at account level else the menu is futile.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

No problem @Lena19 🙂

James