cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal for 8 days :(

Devon59
Explorer

Was a Plusnet customer and having problems with signal in my area. Told that there is a problem with the mast. Was encouraged to swap to EE as Plusnet are turning off their signals anyway soon. Told engineers are looking at issue. Swapped today with new Sim but still can't get a signal even although told the EE service would be a stronger signal. Very frustrating when trying to work from home. 8 days without a service is way too long for a company like EE. How long does it take to rectify a fault. Just because its not affecting the whole country doesn't mean its not important to those who are affected. Very disappointed with this service. 

3 REPLIES 3
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Devon59

Welcome to EE. 

Have you been able to check your area using the EE Coverage Checker?

If you select 'Status' it will show you any known faults. 

Speak soon, 

Katie

Devon59
Explorer

Thanks Kate. Yes, checked that. My area would normally have good coverage but its says there is a problem at present. However, 8 days and still not fixed is poor.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

The vast majority of network faults are rectified promptly, but if there's a dependency or third party issue (to cite two examples) this can sometimes delay resolutions.

WiFi-calling does enable full use of phones indoors wherever there's wireless internet, without needing any mobile coverage. I would presume that by posting on here you have a working internet connection.