cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service on my 5G device (main phone) but my sim works in my old phone

LoseAlotLuke95
Explorer

Currently getting literally no service in my town on my main 5g phone, however when i put my sim in my older phone i have full service in my town, what could possible be wrong? is this a mast issue which needs sorting in my town? Thornton-Cleveleys. If I go to a nearby town with my my main 5g phone it works fine

4 REPLIES 4
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Try a manual network search on your main 5G phone. If EE shows, manually select it and then revert to auto-selection.

If EE does not show, then this phone has a fault - evidenced by the network being available on another phone.

Tried that, EE does show up as an option however when i click it it spins for ages saying "Registering on EE..." then it fails to connect try later.

to add, i have tried other sims in my phone and they work and i have tried my sim in other phones and it works

currently its stuck on Emergency calls only for the last 4 days whilst im in my town

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @LoseAlotLuke95 

Welcome to the community,

Is your phone on the latest software?

Chris

@LoseAlotLuke95  What phone is it ?   If it’s an iPhone have you tried a network reset on the device?  You’ll find this in Settings>General>Transfer or Reset iPhone>Reset.  Then click Reset Network Settings.       You’ll also have to put your WiFi passwords back on the device. 

Android might have something similar.