cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile phone not ringing from landline

TMM
Investigator
Investigator

Not sure if anyone has any experience of this - I’m hoping so as I’m at a loss. 
My EE mobile phone works fine (it’s an iPhone 13).  It rings when people call no problem.  My landline also works fine, it rings when people call and I call people from it no problem.  My landline provider is Virgin.
I misplaced my mobile phone the other day so called it from my landline to locate it.  As expected it was ringing in the landline earpiece but I couldn’t hear my mobile ringing I assumed it must be on silent. Later my partner my mobile and it rang out loud and I found it. This I thought was strange as I’d assumed it was in silent.  So I tested it again calling it from my landline but it doesn’t receive the call, it rings landline end then goes to voicemail.  I then called my partner from the landline to see if it was a mobile phone thing but no his mobile did ring and he answered it.  Our mobiles are on the same contract just different numbers.  
Any ideas would be appreciated as I’ve looked at my settings and can’t see what it can be.

8 REPLIES 8
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

This issue can only lay with VM. You need to take it up with them.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@TMM wrote:

So I tested it again calling it from my landline but it doesn’t receive the call, it rings landline end then goes to voicemail.

Is your mobile displaying an incoming call when the ringtone is being played to the caller?

No nothing its as though the mobile isn’t receiving the call. I’ve tried it again today and after ringing for 4 rings I then hear an engaged tone (not even the voicemail like before) even though my mobile is not on a call.  I know it sounds odd but it’s almost as if my landline and mobile phone think they’re the same number so when calling my mobile from the landline it won’t connect through.

But my landline calls my partners EE phone so I can’t see how it can be a VM thing.  I’m sure it’s a setting on my mobile account.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @TMM 

Thanks for coming here. 

If you go into your iPhone Settings, Phone, Call forwarding, do you have any number showing?

Could you also check your blocked list, is the landline number showing? 

Leanne 🙂

Call forwarding isn’t on and landline is not in blocked list 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

This would suggest the call is not reaching EE's network, which should be reported to your landline provider.

I would expect them to compare the number prefix of a working & non-working number, as this forms the basis of call routing.

Ok that’s great thanks