cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile no longer useable at home, ‘No Service’, can I get out of contract?

Helter7Skelter
Investigator
Investigator

Hi guys

Been with EE for decades.

Suddenly, from approx 6 weeks ago, I can no longer make or receive calls at home (haven’t moved).

Phone just says ‘No Service’, occasionally 1 bar, which disappears as soon as I try and make a call. Also no 4G / mobile internet at home.

Something must have has changed re EE coverage, as used to have a great signal here for many years.

I’m retired, at home most of the time, simply can’t use my phone to make calls (internet via my TalkTalk WiFi is ok).

Can I get a refund from EE, or end my contract (eight months left on it), as I’ll need to go elsewhere

4 REPLIES 4
bristolian
Legend
Legend

If you have WiFi at home, WiFi-calling is an excellent solution. This allows full use of your phone without needing any network coverage.

Lack of coverage in any given location is not usually a basis for contract cancellation.

Appreciate the input, thank you.

Is it possible to set up WiFi calling for all incoming calls? ie anyone calling my mobile number?

I know I can use WhatsApp for personal contacts, but what about businesses or medical etc, where they call me on my mobile number?

bristolian
Legend
Legend

WiFi-calling allows full, seamless use of your phone as if you had network coverage. You can make & receive calls using your phone's normal dialler, send & receive texts as normal.

Nothing needs setting up beyond connecting to WiFi and enabling WiFi-calling in your phone's settings.

If you drift out of WiFi coverage and into 4G service, calls will handover as required.

Thank you so much, I honestly didn’t know about that, I presumed it was only on apps like WhatsApp and Skype.

It was indeed switched off, now enabled.

Thank you loads!!