Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mast Fix Rural Scotland

Jas771
Contributor
Contributor

Our village is in a very rural area. 
We all have antennas to receive an EE signal from 14 miles away over the sea. It’s always been not too bad at 20 plus mb download (some got 80 occasionally). For at least 2 months the signal is now more or less unusable. I’ve complained to EE but all they say is that they are waiting to fix the mast as they can’t get access. 
Apart from Starlink, this is pretty much our only source of internet. Businesses have been unable to take card payments and many of our older residents can’t pay bills online or even access their bank and calls are pretty much a no go.

the executive office have been really nice and helpful but it doesn’t change the fact that we are pretty much cut off most of the time now.

Theres never any movement on the issue that’s taking weeks, or maybe months at this point.

The advice given is to use call over WiFi (pointless). I’ve been given a months credit on my bill but that doesn’t really make a difference. I’m waiting for the 8 weeks and asking for a deadlock letter and refer to the ombudsman. 
in the meantime has anyone else experienced something similar and do you have any advice?

thanks

14 REPLIES 14

@Jas771 wrote:

They had received a report saying they needed to get helicopters to get access to ot, which wasn’t true.

That depends what the fault is, and where on the site it is. Is the issue at ground-level or at height, for starters.

There are some other considerations which may factor in certain locations. Do you know the eNB-ID, out of interest?

No. I did have it but I’ve no idea what happened to it. The site I used to go to doesn’t seem to have it, just coverage. I’m on iOS so I can’t download an app. 

I barely have internet just now and we all get our signal via antennas but it’s dropped significantly. We can’t get reception on phone alone

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jas771

I have sent you a private message. 

Katie

Think it’s this one

eNB ID 17428 (Macro) - LTE

but it might not be