cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Calls going directly to answer machine

Lilleywoos100
Investigator
Investigator

Hi - all my incoming calls have started going through directly to voicemail for some unknown reason: I am in a hurry and all of the information I have so far seen covers everything except this issue. With BT I was able to set voice mail to long ring, short ring or no ring incredibly easily via the voicemail menu under "calling options". Why cannot this be dine with EE, I wonder? Unless I am being incredibly thick and missing something, of course!

Plus it transpires that there is no way currently to speak with anyone, and the text help response service has come up three times this afternoon saying cannot help due to errors at EE's end.

Can anybody help please (and at the same time, maybe also advise if EE is viololating the Trade Descriptions Act by calling itself a "communications" company!?). Many thanks in advance!

10 REPLIES 10
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Are you able to make outgoing calls?

A common cause of incoming calls failing is a Do-Not-Disturb mode being inadvertently set, or specific callers being blocked.

Lilleywoos100
Investigator
Investigator

Hi - all my incoming calls have today started going through directly to voicemail for some unknown reason, without my knowing, as notifications also seem to be delayed.  Thus I am mising important messages. Is this a temorary fault, maybe being experienced by others, or have my setting changed without my knowledge? Any help gratefully received. With BT I was able to simply set voice mail to long ring, short ring or no ring incredibly easily via the voicemail menu under "calling options". Why cannot this be dine with EE, I wonder? Unless I am being incredibly thick and missing something, of course!  (Cannot get to speak to anyone, incidentally, and the 150 help option is repeatedly coming back as "cannot help due to error")

Yes.- all other functions are working fine. 

Thank for your help

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Your call divert settings can be checked via your phone's call settings menu. DND can normally be checked via the notifications menu.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Lilleywoos100 : Is this for a landline or a mobile. It sounds more like landline 1571.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi - thanks. Unfortinately neither suggestion applies; outgoing calls are fine. 

Sorry, but not sure I understand the above. Currently not possible to speak to amyone, or get assistance, on the number above which I had tried several times before coming onto this forum. Thanks for replying, however.  

On what type of phone are calls going to voicemail? Is it a mobile phone or is it a landline?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi - thanks for replying. It is a mobile - hence my query in this section. Will be going onto the EE shop locally as seems to be the only way of getting any assistance, unless you have any ideas, in which case any help would be much appreciated. Thanks again.