Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a Mast erected in our village

diverphil555
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I live in the village of Stanley in Perthshire Scotland. For years it has been a quiet subburb of Perth. The village is now expanding with an estimated 5 housing developments amounting to approx 480 - 500 new family homes.

For a number of years we have been trying to explore getting a Mobile mast erected somewhere in or around the village as the mobile phone signal is pathetic. I cannot use my mobile phone indoors and only in the odd outside place.  I have tried contacting the local council but get nowhere as nobody seems to know what to do.

Can anybody point me in the right direction to try and resolve this issue? Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
bristolian
Legend
Legend

An operator's network planners need to first decide a new site is needed in a particular area, and a search will be undertaken to identify potential sites.

A new location needs to have a willing landlord, clean access for construction & maintenance, and be suitable for a mains electric supply - all with associated legals.

Once a suitable design for a new structure/tower has been agreed, that needs to pass local authority planning consent and have all legal agreements inplace before site construction can begin.

EE are very active in rural coverage expansion via the SRN (Shared Rural Network) & ESN (Emergency Services Network) projects. The forum staff can often take some basic contact details for the purposes of logging potentially interested landlords.

Thanks for the info, so we need to find a landowner who would be happy to have a mast on his land. Will look into this further with our development trust.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Finding a potentially interested landowner is one aspect. The mobile operator has to reach a legal agreement with a landowner who has suitable land, and on which planning & other legal consents are likely to be achieved.

It is not a process that you can expedite, it is one for EE (or the operator in question) to follow.

Thanks.