cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage in Stacksteads

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Update: 24 May 2024

Over the past few weeks, the legal steps have been completed and our engineers are working with the council to agree a date to access the area and start building the equipment needed for the new mast. Once we have a date for access, we can confirm an approximate on-air date for the new mast.

We will keep you updated on this post.

Update: 03 May 2024

Our engineers have been working with the council to complete the legal negotiations. However, due to circumstances out of our control, we have experienced a further delay and expect all legal steps to be completed by the end of May. Pending a positive outcome from the legal negotiations, we will start building the equipment needed for the new mast and confirm an approximate on-air date.

Update: 18 April 2024

Over the past few weeks, our engineers have experienced a slight delay completing the legal negotiations with the council. Barring any further unexpected delays, we expect all legal steps to be completed by the end of April. Pending a positive outcome from the legal negotiations, we will start building the equipment needed for the new mast and confirm an approximate on-air date.

Update: 04 March 2024

Over the past few months, our engineers have started legal negotiations with the council to legally acquire the land, and we expect all legal steps to be completed by the end of March. Pending a positive outcome from the legal negotiations, we will start building the equipment needed for the new mast and confirm an approximate on-air date.

We are aware of a signal issue that is affecting some of our customers in the Stacksteads area. Our mast in the area had to be removed from the existing site in December 2023, as this was requested by the landowner.

Our engineers began looking for a new location as soon as we were made aware our equipment had to be removed, and we have located a new area. We have started legal negotiations with the council to acquire the land and complete surveys at the location to make sure this will be suitable for the equipment. Once all legal steps and surveys have been completed, we can start building the equipment needed for the new mast and confirm an approximate on-air date.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused. In the meantime, you may be able to use WiFi Calling to make and receive calls and texts over a WiFi connection. 

For information on who can use WiFi Calling and how to set up this service, please see our EE WiFi Calling: All you need to know, article. 

74 REPLIES 74
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Nicolef13 

Welcome to the community. 

To discuss your options if you are affected by the mast being offline, please get in touch with our mobile guides who can help you further. 

Chris

Hi Nicolef13

The easiest thing to do is Change Supplier.
I'm Now with TESCO(O2). For the same package I now pay £14/month.
EE was £28.59.
Also I had TWO contracts with them, rolled into one Payment.
All my Payments from December to February(when I left EE) were REFUNDED.

Regards
Colin779
It's a total joke important calls can't get through I've missed
appointments and surgery times I've waited years for and pay so much for no
service at all when I ring EE takes the mick like its nothing no money
offered back for no service either it's been crap for a year for me
Best thing to do is LEAVE, like we did. EE then refund you your payments.
Try another Network.
The way EE are going here means they MAY get you back on line, in July.
Lol..lol..
Colin779
Custardcream
Investigator
Investigator

So as a rough guestamite how much longer will we have to wait been over five months now will it be another five.