cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE WiFi Calling: All you need to know

James_B
EE Community Support Team

What is WiFi Calling?

With EE WiFi Calling you can call and text even if you don't have a mobile signal. All you need is a compatible phone and a WiFi connection.

Who can get WiFi Calling?

WiFi Calling is available to anyone using a compatible phone with an EE pay monthly plan. 

From the 9th June we will be rolling this out to all new and existing Pay as you go and Flex customers. You'll receive a text when EE WiFi Calling is available for you to set up.

How do I set up my phone with EE WiFi Calling?

Just connect your phone to WiFi, ensure you have the latest software installed and switch on WiFi calling in your settings. 

If you need any help setting up WiFi Calling or experience any problems, please see the WiFi calling help page

If you have any other questions, just tap reply and we'll get an answer for you.

12 REPLIES 12
354-
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

4G and EE WiFi calling for PAYG customers, nice!

Captgeneralmark
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@James_B Will those of us with Flex plans also get wifi calling?

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Captgeneralmark,

Yes, Flex plans are included. We've updated the article now to reflect that.

Thanks for your question. 🙂

James

Can confirm WiFi calling automatically added to my flex plan SIM this week and started working straight away on my Pixel 3 XL.  I didn't even have to enable in settings so I don't know whether this was set by EE themselves when the text came through or already defaulted to enabled if available on the network.

Anyway, I'm keen to know other confirmed working devices as I want to get a family member set up with this as they get NO signal where they live on the coast.  They have a Moto G7 play and the WiFi calling option doesn't appear in the settings, but they'll buy a new phone if they can be sure it will work.

Another question, if you get a new payg or flex sim is WiFi calling enabled immediately or when EE get around to adding it?

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @zeroid.

Welcome to the community.

You can find all information on WiFi Calling on our WiFi Calling Help Page.

There is also a link to available phones that are compatible with WiFi Calling.

Hope this helps.

Jon

Thanks @Jon_K, I've just started a topic over in the Android section to try and get a list of devices that are confirmed working with WiFi calling by the community, as its really not that clear on the EE site, and not that many models are covered.

Perhaps anyone who reads this can also contribute:

If you have WiFi calling working, please read/contribute to this list!

Philclayd
Visitor

Wifi calling is very unreluable and almost always breaks calls. I have very fast broadband so that's not the reason. Is there a way to set up the EE router to guarantee reliable wifi calling? 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Philclayd.

Welcome to the community.

What phone are you using?

Is there anyone else in your home who is also using WiFi Calling?

Jon

Hi

I have a Factory supplied LG 8s ThinQ which is capable of WIFI calling but I think I need EE to send a code to me phone to Provision the feature.

I can use a dialed engineering code (*#*#4636#*#*) to bring up the Testing menu and under phone information I can see the following greyed out option:

VoLTE Provisioned

Video Calling provisioned

wifi calling provisioned

EAB/Precence Provisioned

But these are all greyed out.

Does EE need to send some network code to the handset so that the WIFI calling option becomes available?

Thanks

Adrian