cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage in Stacksteads

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Update: 18 April 2024

Over the past few weeks, our engineers have experienced a slight delay completing the legal negotiations with the council. Barring any further unexpected delays, we expect all legal steps to be completed by the end of April. Pending a positive outcome from the legal negotiations, we will start building the equipment needed for the new mast and confirm an approximate on-air date.

We will keep you updated on this post.

Update: 04 March 2024

Over the past few months, our engineers have started legal negotiations with the council to legally acquire the land, and we expect all legal steps to be completed by the end of March. Pending a positive outcome from the legal negotiations, we will start building the equipment needed for the new mast and confirm an approximate on-air date.

We are aware of a signal issue that is affecting some of our customers in the Stacksteads area. Our mast in the area had to be removed from the existing site in December 2023, as this was requested by the landowner.

Our engineers began looking for a new location as soon as we were made aware our equipment had to be removed, and we have located a new area. We have started legal negotiations with the council to acquire the land and complete surveys at the location to make sure this will be suitable for the equipment. Once all legal steps and surveys have been completed, we can start building the equipment needed for the new mast and confirm an approximate on-air date.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused. In the meantime, you may be able to use WiFi Calling to make and receive calls and texts over a WiFi connection. 

For information on who can use WiFi Calling and how to set up this service, please see our EE WiFi Calling: All you need to know, article. 

64 REPLIES 64
AmberFaces98
Visitor

Will we be compensated for the massive disruption we are encountering? I have lost work due to missing calls 

Heidihi2
Investigator
Investigator

On this basis I have been refunded for this month how long are we looking at? And I hope will be compensated for this

Wesleyrackham
Contributor
Contributor

Would it not have been beneficial to find the land and negotiate all this prior to being asked to remove your mast from the previous place?

Its all well and good saying to turn on WiFi calling, but that doesn’t help with people who aren’t on WiFi to call you or receiving standard sms messages.

Your team has stated there hasn’t been a problem when in fact there has. Why bother lying to your customers?

Will there be some form of compensation to all customers affected?most people don’t want to pay full price for half an unacceptable service 

Sah89
Visitor

Can we get credits to our account since my phone is unusable on signal? 

@Wesleyrackham wrote:

Would it not have been beneficial to find the land and negotiate all this prior to being asked to remove your mast from the previous place?

I am not familiar with the specifics of this case, but the search for a new site location begins as soon as the need for a replacement becomes apparent. If legal rights expire before the new site is live, a network operator often has little choice in how to proceed.

The legal process around network site leases can often be very complex and posts on internet forums cannot do them justice.

@Wesleyrackham wrote:

Its all well and good saying to turn on WiFi calling, but that doesn’t help .... receiving standard sms messages.

WiFi-calling supports sending & receiving SMS. If EE didn't suggest mitigations such as WiFi-calling, they would be easily criticised by customers who weren't otherwise aware.

WiFi calling supports WiFi calling and only WiFi messages. It doesn’t support your standard sms message, so unless someone else has it turned on. They won’t be receiving my messages and I won’t receive theirs. Also I shouldn’t have to use WiFi to do any of the above, I’m paying for a cellular service that at the minute is down and no date in site for when it will be fixed 

it’s ok saying they would be heavily criticised. It’s a bit late for that being as no one was aware that this was taking place and they have denied any problems until now. It’s been like this since the 2nd of December. A courtesy email or message goes a long way when it come to informing your customers of disruptions and lack of service. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

I'm not sure what you're referring to by "WiFi messages", but I assure you that WiFi-calling supports sending & receiving SMS text messages.

I absolutely agree. This isn't even a service at this point plus I'm paying for the handset which I'm not being refunded for although it's not fully useable

Swestwe
Investigator
Investigator

This is no good when I was trying to ring emergency services last week could only get signal outside the house when my husband was having heart attack in the house needs sorting now.im on WiFi calling now but didn't know about this when I needed it