cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage in Brentwood

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Update: 13 October 2022

Over the past few days our engineers have completed integrating the mast onto the network and full service has been restored to Brentwood.

We will continue to monitor performance in the area.

Update: 11 October 2022

Our engineers have completed building the equipment needed for the new mast and have been working with the site provider to safely arrange access to the area in which the transmission link is located and start integrating the mast onto the network. Barring any unforeseen delays, we will be attending the area by the end of the week to complete the work needed. We expect the mast to be on-air in the next few weeks, restoring full service to the area.

We will keep you updated on this post.

Update: 14 September 2022

Our engineers have started building the equipment needed for the new mast. During the build, we have found the transmission link needed to integrate the mast onto the network is located within an area that is severely unsafe to access for health and safety reasons. The area will need to be health and safety compliant before access can be granted. Our engineers will continue building the equipment needed and are waiting for a date to access the area safely to complete the transmission to the mast. Once all work has been completed, we can confirm an approximate on-air date for the mast.

Update: 05 September 2022

Our engineers have been working with the site provider to arrange a date to access the area to start building the equipment needed for the new mast, which has now been completed. Over the next few weeks, we will start integrating the mast onto the network. Barring any unforeseen delays, we expect the mast to be on air by the end of September.

Update: 14 July 2022

Over the past few weeks, our engineers have been working with the landowner to arrange a date to access the site. We have been granted access to the area to start building the equipment needed for the new mast in the middle of August. Once the equipment has been built, we can start integrating the mast onto the network. Barring any unforeseen delays, we expect all work to be completed and the mast to be on-air by the end of September.

Update: 17 June 2022

Over the past few months our engineers have submitted the revised designs, and these have been approved by the council. We are working with the landowner to arrange access to the area and start building the equipment needed for the new mast. Once the equipment has been built, we can confirm an approximate on-air date for the new mast.

Update: 07 March 2022

Over the past few weeks our engineers have submitted the revised designs and power supply option to the council and are currently awaiting a decision.

Pending a positive outcome from the new designs, we will start building the equipment needed for the new mast, once we have an on-air date, we will update this post.

Update: 15 February 2022

Over the past few months our engineers have been negotiating power supply options with UK Power Networks. As part of the negotiations, we have completed required power testing and conducted further surveys during January.

We will submit the revised designs and power supply option by the end of February. Pending a positive outcome, our engineers will submit final design surveys to Brentwood Council for approval.

Update: 01 December 2021

Our engineers have submitted a power supply option to UK Power Networks for approval. We are currently waiting for an outcome to the designs from UK Power Networks and Brentwood Council before we can progress with the installation of the mast.

Update: 01 October 2021

Over the past few months our engineers have been working with Brentwood council to agree a location on the rooftop that will be health and safety compliant. We have submitted new designs, and we are currently working with the UK Power Network to discuss options for the power supply for the rooftop.

When we have an outcome from the council and have been able to agree a power supply, we can progress with the installation of the mast.

Update: 23 August 2021

Over the past two months our engineers have completed additional structural surveys to ensure the design and location is health and safety compliant. The surveys were completed in July, and we have presented the new surveys complete with a new site design and location to Brentwood council, we are waiting for the council to grant approval. Once the design and location has been approved, we can start to build the equipment needed for the mast and integrate this onto the network, this can take up to six weeks to complete.

Once this mast is on air this will restore full service to Brentwood, however, to further improve coverage in the area we are progressing with two further masts and have located suitable areas for the equipment. We expect both additional masts to be on air in 2022.

We will keep you updated in this post.

Update: 29 June 2021

Over the past month our engineers have encountered a slight delay completing the survey on the new area of the roof.  The survey required our engineers to carry out extensive checks in residential parts of the building. We have worked with the council to gain access to the areas and get these checks complete. The council have now approved the final survey.

Over the next few weeks our engineers will start building the equipment needed for the new mast. Once the equipment has been installed, we will start to integrate the mast onto the network. Barring any unforeseen delays, we expect the new mast to be on air by the end of August.

Update: 19 May 2021

As part of the work to build our new mobile site in the area, we completed mandatory health and safety structural surveys prior to beginning construction on the roof. Unfortunately, the area of the roof designated for our site did not pass the survey, meaning that it would be unsafe for us to build at this location with its current design. 

We have been working with the council and have a final meeting this week to agree on a new site design, to ensure the site can pass the structural survey. Providing this is approved, we will schedule a new survey date.

Barring any unforeseen delays, we expect the mast to be on air by the end of June. We will keep you updated on this post.

Update: 09 April 2021

Our engineers have completed the structural survey, and they found the area was not suitable for the weight of the equipment needed for the mast. We have been working with Brentwood Borough Council over the past few weeks and we have found a more suitable area of the building for the mast. The new area of the building will require surveys to be completed to make sure it is suitable for the equipment.

We expect the mast to be on air by the end of May, barring any unforeseen delays. We will continue to provide the latest updates on this post.

Update: 05 March 2021

Our engineers have been working with Brentwood Borough Council over the last few months to start building the equipment needed for the new mast. We’ve been advised that an additional structural survey has been needed, which has slightly delayed the installation of the new mast on Masefield Court.

The survey is scheduled to take place next week and, once this has been complete, our engineers can start building the equipment needed. All of the equipment is ready for the installation once we get the go-ahead. We expect the mast to be on air by the start of April, barring any unforeseen delays.

Update: 21 December 2020

Our engineers will start building the equipment needed for the permanent mast in Brentwood during January, once the build has been complete we can integrate this onto the network, we expect the mast to be on air by the end of February barring any unforeseen delays.

We will continue to keep you updated on this post. 

Update: 01 December 2020

Over the past few weeks we re-entered negotiations with Brentwood City Council to discuss the location for the permanent site and have reached a mutual agreement for the permanent mast to be installed on Masefield Court.

Now that the permanent mast location has been decided, we will no longer be pursuing the additional temporary mast in Brentwood.

Our engineers will start working on building the equipment needed over the next few months. Once the equipment is in place, we can move forward with integrating this onto the network.

As soon as we have a date for the permanent mast being on air, we will update this post.  

Update: 29 October 2020

Our engineers have been working on the surveys required to install the additional temporary mast. Unfortunately, because of circumstances beyond our control, the work needed has been delayed.

We are working with the site provider to progress with the installation, and as soon as we have a date for the mast being on air we will update this post.

Update: 25 September 2020

Over the past few weeks our engineers have been working on the installation of the additional temporary mast. Unfortunately, because of the location of the mast, further surveys of the area have been required and we are waiting for these to be approved before our engineers can complete the work needed.

We expect the additional temporary mast to be on air by the end of October, barring any unforeseen delays. 

Update: 29 July 2020

Our engineers have installed a temporary mast in Brentwood over the weekend, which has been on air since Sunday. Because of the location of the temporary mast, this may not provide full service to all customers in the area.

We would value your feedback on service since the temporary solution has been live. To give feedback, please tap reply below, this will help us monitor the performance in the area.

We are working on installing an additional temporary mast, which is due to be on air by the end of September, barring any unforeseen delays.

We’re aware of a signal issue that is affecting some of our customers in Brentwood.

Our site in the area is on the roof of a building which is being redeveloped. Unfortunately, this means that our equipment had to be removed.

We’re currently in the process of locating a permanent new site and looking at two locations for two temporary sites, so that we can continue to provide coverage in the area, and will keep you updated on this post.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. In the meantime, if you’re an EE pay monthly customer with a compatible phone you can use WiFi Calling to make and receive calls and texts over a WiFi connection. 

For details on how to set up this service, please see our WiFi calling help pages.

127 REPLIES 127
Nicola137
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hello Leanne, just wanted to be clear, I was referring to your post this Wednesday just gone, are there any further up-dates on behalf of EE as regards the new mast in our location, and I'm not sure you have come back to the questions raised later that day either if that's possible please?

Nicola137
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hello Leanne/Team, I was advised by your techncial support team that they have no further up-dates on the mast decommission and I should contact BT who would be working on the job. I have done that today and they were very surprised that EE should have advised me to do that. I have also called Openreach and they tell me that EE own the mast equipment. Ofcam have advised I write to Marc Allera and explain that I have not had any up-date for 9 days and ask him if he is able to help. Please could you supply his contact details. Thank you in advance, Nicola  

@Nicola137 @Mark2511 

You might want to try selecting the 3G network on your devices. 
While it’s not helped improved data connectivity, voice only comms have been significantly improved. 

For your interest, I was informed by an EE representative that we should expect a refund of our monthly tariff if the issue persists for longer than seven days.  However given the fact that EE should have had the foresight to mitigate this issue and the significant inconvenience for all concerned I believe this is some way short of being described as adequate. 

Nicola137
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Sartaj 

Many thanks for the advice. We are obviously unlucky as to the location of this mast as I went only as far as Sainsburys earlier today and my phone worked perfectly there. Maybe I should move there...?

I personally think that anyone at EE offering a refund of our monthly tariff is an insult. I was offered £10 last week! I won't be settling for anything like that figure due to the fact that I haven't yet spoken to anyone at EE so far who is taking any responsibility for this problem. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Nicola137

Thanks for coming back to the community. 

I am very sorry to hear you have been given incorrect information to contact BT when you called us, if you send me a private message with your name and number I will get this looked into.

I am in contact with the relevant team for some further information, as soon as I hear back, I will let you all know on this post. 

Thanks. 

Leanne.

Nicola137
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi Leanne,

I have made a formal complaint via the option on your website as today is day 11 of this problem, with no communication from EE as to the way forward.

Please can you confirm that the relevant compensation myself, and all affected EE customers in my area, would also be arranged by the team that investigates these complaints?

Thank you,

Nicola

Nicola137
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hello Everyone in Brentwood, a representative from the the 'executive resolution committee' has just contacted me. The new mast may not be put in place in our location until the end of 2021!!!!!

The only compensation due is that I (and I assume all other EE customers) can be released from their contracts now without any charges.

I asked when they were notified of the fact the mast had to be removed, so planning could take place, and they were not able to provide this information.

No other compensation available.

Sorry, 

Nicola

ewanrw
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

That’s an excellent result given EE aren’t obliged to release you. Why should there be other compensation? 

Nicola137
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

They are obliged to release me if they aren't providing a service.

ewanrw
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Actually they don’t, and they also don’t guarantee a service, but given they have agreed to release you, it’s irrelevant now. A good result. 

ewan