cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the EE app only show an approximate data usage, until you drill down?

stephen5000
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

On the front screen of the app, you are shown what data you have used in the current month, however, as seen by the screenshot, it's very approximate. (left hand side) Only when you drill down on tapping, 'view full usage', do you get a more accurate figure. (right hand side) Why can't they show the proper usage on the front home screen?

ee data use.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Afternoon @stephen5000 

Thanks for the feedback for the EE app. 

The home page will show how much data is remaining and viewing full usage will show you a breakdown. 

Leanne 🙂

stephen5000
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I must have misunderstood your reply. "The home page will show how much data is remaining..." The data remaining is 4.7Gb, not 4Gb, what am I missing?

Leanne_T

I see, sorry when viewing the full usage this is showing the exact figure @stephen5000 

Thanks for feeding this back. 

Leanne.

stephen5000
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Oh dear, this is much tougher than I thought LOL

Yes, as stated in my very first post, WHY can't the home screen tell you the exact usage?? It obviously knows it by revealing it in the next drill down screen, but why bother giving an inaccurate reading in the first place rather than just telling it like it is?

I'd be much happier with you telling me you hadn't a clue why the app does this!

Leanne_T

I understand and I will certainly send this feedback to the relevant team for the EE app @stephen5000 

Leanne.

There may be enough room in home screen box to display figures to 1 decimal place. There may be in your instance but many could have data > 100GB. After all 5GB is not a great amount; even most PAYG plans have more. It needs to cater for everybody.

OTOH it is no great programming feat to display to 1 decimal place for allocations below 100GB but to display the integer only for >= 100GB.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
stephen5000
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@XRaySpeX wrote:

There may be enough room in home screen box to display figures to 1 decimal place.

Hard to believe there isn't a font available to fit in with what looks a bigger space, after all, they fit it just fine on the second screen I posted. Still, thanks anyway for attempting a response...

ee font.jpg