cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to gift data.

DaveJ65
Explorer

Currently on an unlimited data package but unable to gift data to other phones in my name

Error message says unable to gift data as you have less than 550mb of data

I can gift from other phones eg one has 2gb of data left I can gift from, but nit the one on unlimited, its like it reads unlimited as 0 so says I have no data.

Any help appreaciated

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@DaveJ65   With a unlimited tariff you can only gift from the first 100/120Gb  4G/5G tariff  so if you’ve used up the first 100/120Gb of data you can not gift more until your tariff cycles again.      You need to gift data as soon as your tariff resets before you use up that gifting limit yourself. 

So if you have a 5G tariff you can gift from the first 120Gb so if you use 50Gb of data yourself before gifting you only have 70Gb of data you can gift.   The more you use before gifting the less you have to gift.  So if you use up all 120Gb of data you have no gifting data to give. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@DaveJ65   With a unlimited tariff you can only gift from the first 100/120Gb  4G/5G tariff  so if you’ve used up the first 100/120Gb of data you can not gift more until your tariff cycles again.      You need to gift data as soon as your tariff resets before you use up that gifting limit yourself. 

So if you have a 5G tariff you can gift from the first 120Gb so if you use 50Gb of data yourself before gifting you only have 70Gb of data you can gift.   The more you use before gifting the less you have to gift.  So if you use up all 120Gb of data you have no gifting data to give. 

Thanks, that may be it, data resets in a couple of days. Will try again
then. Cheers