Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA roaming pay as you go

Anna54000
Investigator
Investigator

Hi there,

I'm on a pay as you go pack and going to the USA for two weeks at the end of October. Is it possible to use my data allowance there (I have about 30GB)? What's the best/cheapest option to keep using data there as a pay as you go customer? The information I found on the EE website is quite confusing.

Thanks,

Anna

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Anna54000  Your pack allowance will not cover you while there.  You have to purchase a data add on to use data. 

Please see THIS 

Thanks for your reply. How much is a data add on for the US and how many data does it give me? And I also thought there was a special pack to buy in order to use my existing data allowance in the US?

@Anna54000 wrote:

I also thought there was a special pack to buy in order to use my existing data allowance in the US?

Not for PAYG; that's only for contracts.

As it is not in EU, you cannot use your usual UK allowances there but will need to pay the charges or buy roaming add-ons as set out in https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/roaming-costs/countries/usa > PAYG.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)