cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System outages

userbradley
Investigator
Investigator

I have tried to gift Mobile Data to a number under my account and both the app and the website have errored. 

Every time, without fail I use the app or website they are having a technical issue.

What is EE doing to actively prevent this? How can you be so bad at running a service? 

Speaking to an EE rep on the phone they are left out in the dark about system outages!!! What a joke.

Is someone from EE able to give me a post mortem report on today's outage once it happens, as I am slowly losing confidence in EE's ability to operate a computer, let alone run a cell network.

Also, I can't find a link to a system status page, so I can actually see if EE know about the issue or if they're just twiddling their thumbs. 

18 REPLIES 18
Lou126
Visitor

I'm.in the same frustrating position.  Let's hope they sort it soon. 

Me too, got 3 accounts waiting for data - what’s happening EE?????

@Pitstop , @userbradley , @Lou126 ,  trying to gift data etc., not sure why you are having problems, may need to get EE to reset so that you can register again. Do you mean you have not been able to log-into  the app? No problem here and as I do not gift data or need to pay for data as not pay as you go, cannot speak for that.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

@Schockwave when trying it via the site we all get errors. 

The point we're making is that it's not that hard to simply not break a system. Their change control seems to really be lacking and their roll back plans are garbage. 

---

All I want is for EE to come here and actually say "Look we're sorry, the cause was someone let the junior have push to master privileges, we've stopped it from happening again" - But they hide behind "It's internal only information" 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @userbradley, @Lou126, @Pitstop,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having difficulties gifting data. Are you still seeing the same issue?

James

Issue is resolved.

@James_B are you able to tell us where the system status page is, as well as what caused the outage that also affected your call centre stopping them from being able to share data?

Hi James, the app suddenly allowed the transfer of data around an hour ago so my problem  is sorted thanks. Not ideal though to have to keep logging into the app and trying for the last 5 hours to get data to 3 other family members very frustrating and time consuming! Did you sort what the problem was? 

Not pay as you go, app working fine unless you wanted to gift data. Mines working now but took 5 hrs of trying 🙃

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for letting us know @Pitstop

I've had confirmation that the support ticket for this issue has been resolved.

James