Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking Advice for Affordable Mobile Data Roaming Options in the EU

chujovi
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone,

I'm reaching out to this knowledgeable community in search of some advice regarding mobile data roaming options within the EU. I frequently travel outside the UK and need a reliable and cost-effective solution for internet access.

Up until now, I've been using a pay-as-you-go plan, which has worked perfectly for my needs. However, with the costs of daily or weekly plans seeming quite high, I'm exploring other alternatives that could potentially offer better value.

I'm open to monthly payment options if they prove to be more economical in the long run. I primarily need the plan for mobile data roaming, so any suggestions focusing on this aspect would be greatly appreciated.

Could anyone recommend a service or plan that they've had a good experience with? Or perhaps share some tips on how to navigate this situation more effectively?

Thank you in advance for your time and insights.

Best regards
Pawel

15 REPLIES 15

yeah, of course, but there's just regular addons from 30GB | 30 Days for 44GBP to 4GB | 24 Hrs for 10GBP and nothing that seems for roaming or anything that costs 3GBP for 500MB. No idea what's going on

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @chujovi 

I have sent you a private message for some extra details. 

Leanne.

chujovi
Contributor
Contributor

I am writing to express my concern regarding the difficulties I am experiencing with my Pay As You Go (PAYG) service while abroad. Despite my willingness to pay the £10 fee as indicated in the SMS communication, I am unable to access the service.

I have previously sought assistance from a representative named Leanne_T. However, the proposed solution, which involved calling a specified number to speak with a team member, has proven ineffective. The number provided only connects me to an automated system, rather than a live representative who could assist with my issue.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide a more effective solution or direct me to a representative who can assist me in resolving this matter. The inability to use my PAYG service abroad is causing significant inconvenience.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

There is no account access on this public web forum, if you call the number suggested and choose the relevant option - a CS agent will have access to your individual account and should be able to resolve this.

amir-matias
Visitor

Hello, Pawel, I have an absolutely identical problem, maybe share how you coped with it....

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @amir-matias 

Welcome to the community.

Which aspect are you having problems with? Have you had a look through the available roaming add-ons?

Are you abroad at the moment?

Chris