cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in USA.

Unassailable420
Investigator
Investigator

Hi there, i just wanted to confirm how the fair use policy worked when roaming, i have a unlimited data plan with the roam abroad pass enabled, but i am flying out to the states in a week, it says online there is a 50gb limit to my usage when roaming, is this inclusive to my unlimited data plan while in the UK? Or is it the first 50GB data. (similarly to how data gifting is the first 100gb regardless on if you gift data).

i have already enabled the roam abroad pass via swappable benefits, and enabled ROAMEU INT.

Also, i have a spend-cap enabled on my account of £0, if i run out of the 50GB data will the £2 roaming adding on kick in, or will the data just cut off when it ends.

lastly, i am traveling as a group with a few people, most of which are on EE, will i be able to call them as usual when they are also in the states, as part of my plan?

Kind Regards.

Firas Ejaz.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No, by texting ROAMEU INT you are limiting your roaming to the EU. You don't want to do this for the USA. You need to text ROAMING to 150 to enable worldwide roaming.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Unassailable420,

You can use 50GB of your allowance whilst in the USA. Any UK usage before this isn't deducted.

You won't be able to switch to a daily roaming pass after reaching the fair usage allowance.  If you reach the fair usage amount, standard rates will apply as set out in the non-standard price guide.

Hope this helps. 🙂

James

And to confirm, if i have the roam abroad pass, was i right to set up ROAMEU INT? Or will i now be limited to only the EU. Rather than the USA which is needed.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Unassailable420

To activate the roaming pass for the USA you will need to text ROAMING PASS to 150. 

If you have activated the Roaming Pass as a swappable benefit you will not need to do this. 

You will however need to ensure roaming is active by texting ROAMING to 150. 

Katie

No, by texting ROAMEU INT you are limiting your roaming to the EU. You don't want to do this for the USA. You need to text ROAMING to 150 to enable worldwide roaming.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)