cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy 4 watch connection

marietrinder
Explorer

I am looking for some help regarding my Samsung galaxy watch 4.

I purchased it with a mobile data plan which has been activated on the watch ( but is not found in SIM manager within my settings) the problem is I cant seem to sync the mobile plan to my mobile number (the one I use on my phone). This means that when my phone is not in range of the watch the watch doesn't receive any calls, texts ect. The Esim has its own number and does ring on the watch when called but I need both SIMs to connect to my main phone number.

How do I get the esim to have the same number as my phone sim?

I have googled and it seems (I think ) that I need to add the esim as a duel sim on my phone. Every search I have looked at is asking for a QR code which was not provided to me when I got the watch. Do I need to go back to EE shop to fix this?

Anyone who can help with this is a genius. 

TIA

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

With the cellular plan, you'll be able to use your calls and texts with the same number, even when out of reach of the phone, @marietrinder.

This How do I use my Samsung Galaxy Watch 4G? explains how to set it up.

Chris

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@marietrinder  The watch will have its own number this is for using data and billing purposes.  The watch is linked to your phone but at account level so when your phone rings the watch should also ring.   

You don’t need an eSim/QR code as the watch doesn’t have the same number as your phone as you can not have 2 sims with the same number.   

is cellular data enabled on the watch ? 

Hello thanks for your quick reply.
I just want to check that I am right in thinking that when my phone is off or out of range the watch should still receive all calls, texts, email if it has Mobile data attached?

I haven't checked cellular data? Where will I find it on the watch?

Sorry I'm so clueless.
TIA

Sent from my Galaxy
Christopher_G

With the cellular plan, you'll be able to use your calls and texts with the same number, even when out of reach of the phone, @marietrinder.

This How do I use my Samsung Galaxy Watch 4G? explains how to set it up.

Chris

StamfordMan
Investigator
Investigator

Two years later, EE STILL does not have this problem solved.  You STILL cannot get your Watch 4 to connect to your data plan on EE automatically via the Wear App on your mobile.  I get error code 4001. 

I have been told that this is a network-wide problem that affects many customers, not just me.

You'd think that big companies like EE and Samsung would be able to sort out technical issues like this in a matter of days or weeks, not YEARS later still telling customers that you don't have a solution.

Leanne_T

Hi @StamfordMan 

Do you have a pay monthly account you are trying to connect the watch to? 

What model phone do you have? 

Leanne 🙂

2 YEARS later and the Watch 4 STILL does not connect to the EE network and they STILL don't know how to fix it.