cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ridiculous data usage

Alan160
Explorer

I appear to have used an obscene amount of data since I last topped up just over a week ago, 55gig, despite not having used my phone anymore than normal. I usually use about 40gig a month and always have data left at the end of the month, but for some reason since my last top up my data has disappeared, I haven’t changed any settings in my phone, the only thing that has changed is that I set up auto payments for my top ups. Looking through my phone I have noticed that “device an sync” has used most of my data (5gig since yesterday when I reset). Now I would normally have assumed that this was an iOS issue, but having read through the forum I have noticed others complaining of the same thing this month and not only on iOS but also android, so this would rule out it being an operating systems issue, the only common denominator appears to be that we are all with ee, so I’m wondering if it’s an ee system/settings issue?

1 REPLY 1
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Alan160

Welcome to the community. 

Are you aware if your background app refresh is switch on?

If you are using an iPhone you can find these settings by following these steps:

Settings > General > Background App Refresh. 

Has your phone recently done an update?

Katie