cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 4Gee Wifi sudden speed drop

jonathanphiliph
Investigator
Investigator

I have this exact issue with my EE 4G sim in a router. I work remotely and my normal 50-70mgb has dropped to 3. This has been the case for several days. 

It can not be congestion as I'm having to switch to working from my iphone 4G which is on Giffgaff. From that I get 25-30mgb. 

I've turned it all off and back on, reset/rebooted the router. Wish I could cancel the contract really as it was bought for my small business. Was fine for first few months. 

8 REPLIES 8
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @jonathanphiliph,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Does the Network Status Checker report any problems in your area?

James

Checked earlier and today. No issues reported. I did call EE and the assistant has sent me a new sim out incase the old one is damaged. Its been sat in a router for months but I guess it could have damage of some sort. 

Was very happy getting the early speeds. I may have to go for a dedicated line but £££

Merry Christmas

jonathanphiliph_0-1671714266487.png

James_B

Hi @jonathanphiliph,

I'd recommend using the 'report a problem' button so our network team can take a look at this for you.

Thanks 🙂

James

Thanks James. er... where is the icon for report a problem? bit new to EE 

thanks 

James_B

Hi @jonathanphiliph,

You should see it after entering your postcode and selecting 'check status' on the Network Status Checker.

Hope this helps. 🙂

James

Evening 

Just to close this out. Today I bought a Vodafone sim. Took the EE sim that had been 40mgb and recently now more like 2-3Mgb. The Vodafone went straight to 38mgb. 

The only issue now is I have EE contract that I'm stuck with. I've also noticed that all 3rd party applications work fine with the new sim whereas EE didn't allow any. 

Cheers for your help

Leanne_T

Hi @jonathanphilliph

I would suggest giving us a call on 0800 079 8586 and the team will get this looked into for you. 

Leanne.