cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data on Vivo X51 Pro after switching to EE (sim only) from O2

Agrim
Contributor
Contributor

Recently switched SIM plan from O2 to EE, the number was ported after 48 hours of activating the EE SIM. I can make calls, but cannot get mobile data.

I have tried reconfiguring the APN and restarting the handset, but no luck. EE have also replaced the SIM, but again no luck. The SIM does however work when tried on a different handset (both data and calls were fine).

Has anyone had a similar issue? I'd really appreciate some advice, because everyone at EE seems to have run out of ideas...

p.s. I've checked my ee account and there are no limits on data allowance/parental controls etc...

26 REPLIES 26
Weihao
Visitor

Hi @Agrim , I'm having this issue too

I went to 2 EE store and all sim cards they have are serial number begin with "36".

And I contacted an online agent and order a new SIM, but he still cant confirm the serial number of the new SIM card sending to me.

Can you tell me how to find a sim card serial number NOT begin with 36 and transfer my number to it? Thank you

@Weihao   If you read this whole post there is nothing wrong with a 36 number SIM card as it works in a different device it’s only in that device model it has an issue.  So if that’s the case it’s a device issue with a 36 number SIM card.  And that’s make no sense what’s so ever.    EE don’t have to spend time looking at that this as that device isn’t sold by EE so hasn’t got and support for it by EE.   If you can get around the 36 number SIM card then your golden by the looks of it.   Unfortunately EE don’t have to invest time in to this as they can not guarantee every device will work on EE when they don’t sell it. Basically your on your own. 

Phone customer services, explain your problem and ask for the sim. Hopefully this will work.

I found a solution and now my data is fully working so what I did was create a fresh APN profile 

and at the very bottom 

I selected MVNO type as SPN

and it autofilled mvno value as EE and now boom data works flawlessly even tho I have the 36 serial sim 

It worked! Thanks for sharing. 👍🏻

@Denuwu wrote:

I found a solution and now my data is fully working so what I did was create a fresh APN profile 

and at the very bottom 

I selected MVNO type as SPN

and it autofilled mvno value as EE and now boom data works flawlessly even tho I have the 36 serial sim 

Really.. it is helpfu..

Thank you buddy.. I suffered over week.. thank you very much

Thank you very much for sharing this. It worked out well. Great 👍