cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone, old SIM but data allowance has vanished.....

SuzyNW
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

On my account I have my phone and a phone that my son uses. He had an IPhone 13 and recently bought himself an IPhone 15. He put the old SIM into the new phone. I topped up the data as I do every month (we buy a £15 subscription pack). However, the phone is showing a data allowance of Zero. I can see on the payment history that the £15 new pack was purchased and is apparently active.....so why is it showing as there being Zero GB of data available? 

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@SuzyNW  Have you tried restarting the device as this will refresh the line.  

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

What does texting AL to 150 from your no. fully report verbatim (it is free)?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks. Tried that but it didn't work! 

SuzyNW
Contributor
Contributor

I just tried to see what is going on by putting a small 2GB data add on, on the phone and it went through immediately. So...remembering that this is the phone used by my son, if the add on has gone on fine with no problems at all, then it looks to me like the £15 subscription pack must have started but somehow he has managed to use up 22GB of data in just a couple of days......Does seem a bit unlikely, but I see no other explanation. 

Can't do this at the moment as the phone is with my son. However I've done it with my phone and see that if gives you a good readout of things, so hopefully when we do that on his phone we will find out where the missing data has gone. Thanks for your help XRaySpeX.