cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network down on LTE 5g router

Aizel330
Investigator
Investigator

hey, for months I have been using my 5G router as wifi for my pc at home, so far no problems at all very good speeds and everything but then 3 days ago the router can't seems to connect when I'm using my EE sim card. The sim is working fine on the phone so it's not a problem with the sim and the router is working fine with a different sim so it's not the router either... I really don't understand what changed on the last 3 days. I tried to see if there were any network works going on but apparently no so... I'm puzzled and wifiless at the moment... I've been on a EE shop earlier today and they were saying something about a 100gb cap for sim data but to be honest there was nothing in the contract about that and neither I can find anything about it anywhere on internet so I'm not sure... and plus that doesn't explain why for months it was just working fine and now all of a sudden it stopped... any ideas? 

15 REPLIES 15
Aizel330
Investigator
Investigator

yeah but that's unfortunately to rule out in my opinion because if I use a different sim on the router it works fine with absolutely no problems... it really doesn't make any sense to me. so far I had tried every possible combination to try to make it work really... the only thing I can't really rule out it's some sort of ban of the router in the network like if I insert the EE sim in it and try to connect with that particular combination the network doesn't allow me in for a ban or block of some sort... but for what I know it should be on the sim side so it should be banned even when I try to use it with the phone but with the phone it works fine no issueses... I have really no idea of what to try anymore 😓

XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

There be no ban!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Aizel330
Investigator
Investigator

then I litteraly have zero ideas left on what it could be possibly going on ahahahah

bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Aizel330 wrote:

The sim is working fine on the phone so it's not a problem with the sim and the router is working fine with a different sim so it's not the router either

This alone appears to rule out all the obvious sources. Both the router & phone would connect to any available network carrier, so this is unlikely to be a radio band issue.

Is your phone, Apple or Android? Android has options to be able to check more detail on the radio side, and the router may have similar menus.

my phone is a samsung s22 ultra so Android, should I download any app to check?

5Gfinder
Visitor

Hey hope you're well! 

Was wondering if you got the issue resolved? 

I am finding the same issue, got a 5G sim works fine in the old 4G router and put in iPhone work on 5G.

Bought a 5G router and gets no signal? Put another 5G EE SIM in the new router and connected fine? 

Even got a replacement 5G router to make sure but still same issue, even went to EE shop got a replacement SIM thinking could be not compatible or knackered but still same no signal... 

Very weird thing to happen, not sure how to check what signal/frequency to check the router should be on? 

Please let me know if you know anything else to try or how to fix!

Thanks mate!