cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data not working after switch to EE

davidjwebster
Investigator
Investigator

Ive read all the posts about data not working after getting new sim from EE and switching my number (from 3).

The phone is working Ok, as are text messages but not data.

I've tried everything recommended on these blogs and am very frustrated.

Not a good start to my life with EE

29 REPLIES 29
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Let me know how it goes @davidjwebster

Leanne 🙂

The story (and my frustration) continues:

Went to EE shop today in Glasgow. They checked all network settings etc etc - all ok, however they thought the problem was possibly that the SIM card was a 5G card only (my phone is 4G) and swapped the SIM for a 4G card - with same number etc - But that didn't work and they then didn't know what to do.

So they thought it must be a Samsung issue, suspecting an unlocking problem. I was a bit dubious of this since the phone was unlocked and worked fine with 3. They booked me an appointment at Samsung later that day. Samsung thought the phone was fine and thought that it was an EE problem. They apparently get a lot of referrals like this from phone shops that can't fix things!

Samsung did a backup and are doing a phone health-check - at a cost of £25.

I now have no phone whilst they fix it and have to go back to the store to collect it later. A day of my life wasted that i'll never get back.

I'll post again once Samsung have done their check. I suspect they will find nothing wrong and tell me to go back to EE. It was bought as an unlocked new phone 3 years ago worked fine with a sim-only contract with 3. It has to be an EE problem surely? I'm determined to get it fixed as I suspect others are having/had this issue and it doesn't seem there's a proper solution

Dave

Leanne_T

Hi @davidjwebster

Thanks for coming back to me. 

Please let me know how you get on after Samsung have checked the phone and returned this to you. 

Leanne. 

Samsung did a health check and said there was a fault in the motherboard. the phone worked fine with 3 and it was only when changing to EE that the data stopped working so i don't understand why and neither did the samsung guy.

looks like i need a new phone ....

James_B

I'm sorry to hear that @davidjwebster

Thanks for letting us know.

James

I don't believe it's a problem with the phone.

I'm having identical problem. My phone is Samsung galaxy S8+

Also coming from three. There's something with EE which affects connectivity. 

Christopher_G

Hi @Jacek9

Have you spoken to our Technical Support team about this?

Chris

shpub
Investigator
Investigator

Both my wife and I are having the same problem - no data despite checking that mobile data is switched on and the APNs are setup. Trying 150 just put me into a loop where I would get texts saying I need to call 150 and round round and round I go. We only switched because Plusnet are shutting down and they used the EE network. 

My wife has been waiting for  pass code for hours despite 4 resends. This is just really unacceptable. I have never had these issues before. 

I am also hacked off with EE telling me they are the best network for the last 10 years... all I can say is cobblers. All I want is to use my phone and mobile data!

I have just requested my phone number and downloaded the cancelation form in preparation. 

Christopher_G

Hi @shpub 

I've replied to your other thread about this. Please take a look.

Thanks

Chris