cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data not working after switch to EE

davidjwebster
Investigator
Investigator

Ive read all the posts about data not working after getting new sim from EE and switching my number (from 3).

The phone is working Ok, as are text messages but not data.

I've tried everything recommended on these blogs and am very frustrated.

Not a good start to my life with EE

29 REPLIES 29
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@davidjwebster is that a brand-new device from EE or one that you brought with you ?  Have you entered the correct APN settings on your device if you brought the phone with you from a different network ?  

its a samsung S8. Has worked fine with 3. Just changed to EE and number changed over ok yesterday. Everything looks fine until I took phone outside away from wifi and i cant get a data connection.

Tried all the usual fixes, APN settings etc etc and still no joy

Bit vexed!

David

@davidjwebster  You need to make sure you have the correct APN settings as this is the only thing that will stop this from working.   Have a look at THIS 

can you make/receive calls/texts ok ? 

i had seen this but will try again

yes it works fine to phone, text etc

redid the APN , removed the old ones

still no joy

@davidjwebster  can you make or receive a call or text message ? 

yes it works fine as a phone and texts work ok too. just a data problem

is there a definitive solution to ee android APN setup?. I've tried a number of different setups, all slightly different. Still no joy

Double check ALL the APN Settings again, as if it's not correctly set you may only be able to get 2G or limited 3G Data.

If Dual SIM, make sure your SIM is in 1st SIM Slot.

Check Mobile Data is On and Preferred Network is set to 2G/3G/4G Preferred.

Try Resetting the Network Settings then do a Manual Mobile Network Search.

Are you able to get into Phone Info by Dailing *#*#4636#*#* on the Phones Keypad Dailer (some Samsung won't let you do this) if you are able to, report back as there are other Settings we can try.