cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate Data Usage - Day 1

DonAddy
Explorer

Dear EE,

Today I joined EE and ported my numbers over. I have two SIMS under one account.

On one SIM I have been on my phone all day and used approx 4GB. This is in line with the data counter on my iPhone. However, on my second number I have used more data despite my phone being off all day and me not touching the phone.

Can you please explain *HOW* this is possible? On day 1 of joining EE I am now already suspicious of your app and its data usage reporting. On my second phone, the iPhone app counter is showing 800Mb which is as I would expect considering my usage and the amount of time (or lack thereof) of me actually using the phone vs how much I actually used phone 1 and the data intensive activities I used.

In short - how is it possible that on phone 1 I used it all day for data intensive activities and I clocked up 4GB (in line with iPhone data counter) and on phone 2 which was switched off all day I clocked up 5GB (when the iPhone data counter shows 800Mb)…

The discrepancy is one that I would like you to explain. Going forward, how can I trust EE??

3 REPLIES 3
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DonAddy 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

The data figures in the device may vary compared to the actual data usage shown in your My EE account. 

Can you go to add-on.ee.co.uk, on the device, does this show the same as your My EE account? 

Leanne.

Good morning,

The point being Leanne, how is it possible to use *MORE* data on a phone that was switched off all day vs my main phone which I was on all day and doing data intensive tasks?

The system is clearly flawed.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DonAddy

To get this looked into, please call us on 150 and the team can help you further.

Thanks. 

Leanne.