cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Mobile data disappointing experience

Joamarjayne
Investigator
Investigator

Most of the time I tend to use broadband to access the Internet, occasionally when I’m out and about it is handy to be able to access the Internet through Phone and 4G, but lately every time I try, there is no data available on my phone or should I say EE doesn’t work I’ve got plenty of allowance but just cannot get a connection why? When I ring the tech guys it usually involves online test and then the phone restart then it works until the next time I want to use it I am now considering searching for another provider 

4 REPLIES 4
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Does your phone show a VoLTE/4G-calling indicator when you have problems using data?

Is this always in the same location, or multiple areas?

Are you able to make or receive calls when you have data issues?

Volte 4G do you mean the signal strength bar at the top of the phone?

different locations around my home town

Re calls - sometimes 

Alex_M
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi @Joamarjayne 

Firstly, I'd recommend checking for problems in your area using the Network & Coverage Tool.

Put in your postcode and choose your phone model, then click 'Check Status'.

Thanks,
Alex

If I solved your issue, please click the solution button below!
 If you found my post useful, click the thumbs up button!
 To speak to EE, call 150 from your EE mobile or +44 800 079 8586 (freephone) or start a live chat.
Useful Links: My EE | Live Chat | Bills | Usage | Network Coverage Checker | Abroad | APN Settings | PM
bristolian
Legend
Legend

VoLTE means "voice over 4G" and is the current standard for voice calls rather than them using 2G or 3G. Next to your phone's onscreen signal indicators should be a VoLTE (Android) or 4G-calling (Apple) symbol - does this show when you have data problems?

What are the problems you have making or receiving calls - can you be specific?