Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data gifting issue

Veselintp
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

I have a plan which turned out to have 1 major issue. Found out there's a 100GB cap on sharing your data. I've been using it for another one of my devices and once this limit is reached, the speeds plummet to 2 MB at BEST on my other device. This is insanity. I have 408£ to pay in order to terminate this nonsense. And the plan itself is comparable to O2 and 3 prices, but they don't have this unnoticeable yet highly important caveat. EE's new "call" service is also broken, so my only way to warn people is on here... 

Regards,
Ves

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Veselintp   What limit has been reached?    

The gifting cap has been there since EE first started unlimited tariffs and gifting data. 

How’s EE call service broken?   I’ve spoken with customer services with no issues I just don’t select option 1 when I call customer services.   Option 2.  

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

It's not an issue! It's a design feature fully covered in the spec of Unlimited Data plans.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

A 100GB gifting limit or something of the sort. The speed is horrendous either way, but once the threshold is above 100GB, it is even sadder. Unbelievable. My plan is unlimited, but not so much, apparently. It is HIGHLY limited. They should include this in the plan, in bold letters.

Both options give me an error. 

It's an issue because in the Unlimited Data plan selection, it doesn't say that Unlimited is actually "Reduced significantly after 100GB data share." It is incomprehensible.

Your speed isn't reduced on an Unlimited Data plan once you've gifted your full quota of 100 GB but only after you've used up your full FUP of 600 GB that month.

But in your OP whose speed was being reduced, you as the "unlimited" giver of the gift or the "limited" recipient of the gift ("on my other device")? If the latter, it has nowt to do with your Unlimited Data plan, but it is the other devices limited plan running out of data & being switched to slow Stay Connected Data.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I receive a text message every time I approach the 100GB gifting allowance. My other device is a PC that uses a wireless connection to my phone, it is not limited itself, it's the mobile plan for sure.