Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited data usage

scallydeejay
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hello 

I have an unlimited data plan with uncapped speeds. What are the fair usage policies? Do EE also traffic manage on 4G and 5G? 

thanks all 

8 REPLIES 8
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@scallydeejay  If you go over the 600Gb per month EE could limit your speed not saying they actually will and that regardless of the connection type,    Unlimited tariffs are actually 600Gb. 

scallydeejay
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks. It’s hard to tell what data I’ve used as they don’t show you on the app. The only data I can see is the Apple Music usage 

@scallydeejay   When you open the app and your on the home page it’s right there.    Yellow bar 

IMG_2040.jpeg

scallydeejay
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I have unlimited data. All I want to know is how much I’m using each month for interest 

@scallydeejay  Try texting BALANCE to 150

EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

If your on a 4/5G UL Data Plan EE will cap your Speed after you've hit 600Gb of usage, it's not a case of they may, they could etc, they will, unless your on a really old UL Plan (3/4 years or older).

Your Speed will be Capped directly after 599GB, if your in a 5G Area, you will lose All use of 5G Speeds as it will be dropped down to 4G Only and stay that way untill your monthly Refresh Date, your Device will still show that you are connected to 5G but you won't have access to 5G Only 4G.

EE do not give any Data Usage or Stats on your Monthly Data Usage, so using the App, texting 150 or using the Web  Status Access will just return a "you have Unlimited Data".

Your best bet is to use the Devices own Data Usage Stats to give some idea as to what's going on. 

scallydeejay
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks for the info. I’m almost a week from my refresh date. Are there any apps I can use to blast through loads of data and try and get to 600gb to see what happens? 

Vodafone have some freely available Download Test Blocks on the Web ranging from a few Mbs to some Gbs, ie, 500mb, 1gb and so on, you simply download the Blocks which contain nothingness then delete them, the idea is to test actual Data  Throughput rather than just Speed, but for your needs the larger Blocks will easerly eat up your Data. 

Failing that you could try Streaming some 4K Media Content, ie Netflix, YouTube. etc.