cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t receive pictures on WhatsApp? Check this setting!

beeringo
Explorer

If i can just help one person with this i’ll be happy…

A few weeks ago (after switching to EE, although i didnt immediately make the connection) i noticed that when i was sent pictures on whatsapp i couldnt download them, but it was only when on mobile data, wifi connection was fine.

I was pulling my hair put as i tried everything on the internet to fix it:

- check data permissions

- check storage space

- check whatsapp settings

- uninstall app and reinstall (restoring chats from backup)

- hard resetting phone

- reset network settings

I couldnt figure out what the problem was and whatsapp support is absolutely no help. It turns out that EE had set a content block on my account for kids only (under 13) and this was blocking whatsapp pictures. Frustrating as why would this be a default for a 38 y.o.? 
If you’re having the same issue check permissions under your account permissions in the ‘My EE’ app.

comment if this helped you 🙂

11 REPLIES 11
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@beeringo   Content lock is by default on as EE don’t know if your going to give this sim to a child.     If you had asked on here when you noticed this you’ll would have been told about content lock.  

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for sharing that, @beeringo 

Hopefully it will help someone else in the community in future.

Chris

Appreciate where you're coming from but EE knows my age and details as I'm on a contract that includes credit checks, not a PAYG SIM that could be picked up by anyone.

I did also request over the phone that all content locks be removed after I transferred over, which they said was actioned but clearly not, but that isn't why i'm here... just passing on some useful info.

Leanne_T

I am sorry this was not removed for you and appreciate you sharing your experience to help others @beeringo 

Have a lovely day 🙂

Leanne.

helenmcasmith
Visitor

Thank you so much!  Just checked my account permissions and 'Use mobile Data' in the EE App settings was switched OFF (despite it being switched ON on my Apple iphone).  This had frustrated me for weeks so delighted to get this sorted at last!

@helenmcasmith   For it to be switched off you must of done that as it’s on by default.  It has to be switch off as it’s a function of the tariff you have, like calls and texts. 

Hi, I also have a similar issue but only when I'm abroad! Can download photos and docs on WiFi  it not on mobile data. It's really frustrating! Please help! 

Katie_B

Hi @Ants400

Thanks for coming here. 

Are you currently abroad?

If yes, can you try manually connecting to another network?

Katie

Hi,

I've tried all that kind of stuff tbh. The weird thing is that email downloads fine but only what's app doesn't work download wise . It's a bit of a pain for work. I'm abroad atm