cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to BT Wi-Fi for EE SIM Plans

abidpatel
Investigator
Investigator

When I renewed my EE SIM plan this September, I was told that I would get access to both of the following:

• EE Wi-Fi on the London Underground
  • BT Wi-Fi access points around the country

The EE Wi-Fi on the London Underground works perfectly for me. However, I cannot connect to any of the BT Wi-Fi access points.

There simply isn't any option for EE accounts to log in. I had a BT account from being a previous BT Mobile customer, but this doesn't allow me to log in either.

Anyone have any ideas? Or have customer retentions told me something false?

5 REPLIES 5
chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Nope, it's for BT Wi-Fi hotspots

Yes, but your link is for BT custs. @chistery 's link is the equivalent for EE custs. You need to follow that.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Cader
Visitor

I find it extraordinary that those who have been encouraged by BT themselves to move from BT mobile to EE, especially when eventually everyone on BT Mobile will be migrated to EE. And yet everyone will lose out on BT Wi-Fi hotspots ,  especially usefull when out and about. 

Yup, I was one of these very customers. I was on a BT Mobile deal, after my contract ended, they wouldn't give me any good deals, so they ushered me to EE. Got a good deal with EE, but I lost out on both BT Wi-Fi hotpots and BT Sport on mobile. 

Also, it seems that too many deals are favouring or pushing customers to have BT Broadband subscriptions 😒