4g router

kjandy
Investigator
Investigator

hi

if i put my simcard into my tplink 4g router and connect via my laptop some but not all pages fail to display correctly. 

all was working fine up until a few weeks ago then they suddenly stopped. i have spoken to the tech team and they have sent me a new sim card but this didnt resolve.

they have also reset network settings etc but to no avail.

i have tried my sim in a different 4g router and also connecting with a different laptop but still get the same problem.

its as though some pages are being restricted. these are not 18+ pages and adult content filtering is turned off.

any ideas?

thanks

19 REPLIES 19
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @kjandy,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

What happens when you try to open the affected web pages?

James

Hi Parts of the Web page just don't load. Some flash plugins don't open. If you leave the page for along time eventually they sometimes will load.
James_B

Hi @kjandy,

Are the pages on the same website or do they have anything else in common?

James

It appears to happen mainly on one website.I have tried different laptops on different routers with all using my simcard and it happens in all scenarios. If however I connect my laptop to another Internet connection the webpage loads absolutely fine.
James_B

Hi @kjandy,

Are you able to share the URL to see if we can replicate the issue?

James

A good example is on the website www.omegle.com the video for the other person does not load.
James_B

Hi @kjandy,

What is your current content lock setting?

James

It is set to unlocked full access
James_B

Thanks for confirming @kjandy

Please get in touch with Customer Care so our technical support team can take another look at this issue for you.

They'll be happy to help. 🙂

James