cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will EE 5G Wi-Fi be a separate item in my bill as it asks for a mobile number

Jsunbarry02
Visitor

Hi, I want to buy a 5G wifi device to use as wifi in a business premise that has poor broadband coverage. 

In the checkout it asks for a number to upgrade. I thought these were separate add-ones with their own sim as I opted for a 12 month unlimited plan. I don’t want to change anybody’s mobile plans I currently pay for on the account. Can someone clarify this for me and also reassure that streaming and gaming can be done on this device. This will be in Nottingham City Centre where the EE website suggests good 5G coverage. 

Also, will the bill be separate or just added onto my business mobile bill at the end of every month till 12 months has finished and then cancel?

Thank you,

John

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, mobile routers have their own SIM & therefore a mobile no. in their own right. It'll be an additional line on your MyEE a/c. By adding it to your a/c it will just be another mobile contract. It will be billed on the same bill as the rest but, like them, will be itemised in the breakdown.

At the end of its 12 month min. term it will not cancel itself. These mobile contracts don't just end, just the min. term expires. They are not fixed term contracts. After the min. term they just carry on at the same price on a rolling 30-days' notice basis until you explicitly cancel, upgrade or port your no. away. There will however be a 10% discount after 3 months.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

To add, the 4G network is quite capable of supporting streaming & gaming - 5G provides additional capacity and different encoding of the data "over-the-air".

And naturally, any 5G-device will fallback to 4G whenever 5G isn't available for whatever reason.