Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to unlock 4GEE Wifi Mini

andyvee
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Trying to unlock 4GEE Wifi Mini that was supplied as part of my BB contract to use a Three SIM with it.

Called EE today and got a 10 digit unlock code.

Did all firmware updates on device and factory reset.

Insert 3 SIM (which works fine in my phone) and it is asking for the SIM PIN - I enter the SIM PIN  (3 default of 0000) and it tells me it is wrong. Which it isn't.

Put the SIM back in my phone and turned on SIM PIN and changed the PIN to 1111 to be the same as the default EE PIN.

Put the SIM back in the 4GEE, it now prompts me for the PIN which it accepts as 1111 but then tells me my SIM is locked (which it isn't). At this point I try the 10 digit unlock code, doesn't work.

Put the 3 SIM back in my phone, accepts the PIN, works fine, it is not locked.

Anyone any ideas?

21 REPLIES 21
andyvee
Contributor
Contributor

Actually, the above is slightly wrong - it is now asking for a SIM Unlock code now which I presume should be the 10 digit code EE have supplied?

If so, it isn't working ......

EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Is this Device an EE70 or EE71?

Using your working EE Sim in the MiFI Device check to see if it will do a Firmware Update, if so update, when finished, reboot the Router then try again with the Unlocking

EE71 and with the EE SIM in it says the firmware is up to date

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @andyvee 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

If the unlock code is not working, please get back in touch with our mobile care team and they will get this looked into for you. 

Leanne.

I'll call them back tomorrow. If the device unlock won't work will you replace it with an unlocked as I am still under contract?

Leanne_T

Hi @andyvee 

The team will go through your options after running some troubleshooting with you when you call. 

Thanks. 

Leanne.

@andyvee - EE71 and with the EE SIM in it says the firmware is up to date

Ok, the reason I mentioned the Firmware Update is that some of the EE71 got Firmware Updated and the Unlock Code went from a 10 Digit Number to a 16 Digit Number, then a further later Update should have put it back to a 10 Digits again.

andyvee
Contributor
Contributor

Firmware is EE71_E1_02.00_35 and it says there are no further updates.

Unlock team and have escalated to Alcatel as they are saying the unlock code is correct and don't know why it won't work.

Leanne_T

Thanks for getting in touch and reporting this to us @andyvee 

I hope this is sorted soon for you. 

Leanne 🙂