cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini WiFi has a red signal indicator

Mariem60
Explorer

Just received my mini wifi box with 75gb as part of a pay monthly plan.  

The internet connects but will not load up or work due to the signal indicator being red indicating no signal.  
I’ve reset the box and tried taking the sim out and putting it back in again.   I’ve checked my signal and it’s full bars- I have my normal package with EE too and there are no issues with any signal.  

how can I fix this problem? 

thanks 

8 REPLIES 8
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you checked EE network status checker for any problems there & logged yours?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Yes, I’ve checked all of those things. It’s been around 5 days I’ve had it and every day I’ve tried multiple times in case this was the problem/ sim needed more time to register 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for checking @Mariem60

If this continues, please give us a call so our technical care team can look into this further. 

Katie.

RWhite54684678
Visitor

Make sure you use the device at least every 180 days otherwise EE will cancel it can you'll lose your credit. Unhelpfully they only notify you by SMS, even though the device doesn't allow you to read SMS messages. Oh, and the customer service is pretty awful.

James_B

Hi @RWhite54684678,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

You can view text messages sent to your WiFi mini via your connection manager.

When your pay as you go account enters hibernation, you have a further 94 days to reconnect your number before it is recycled.

Hope this helps.

James

@RWhite54684678 : The SIM going into hibernation after 180 days only applies to PAYG. The OP has a contract.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Depressed101
Visitor

Im losing the will to live. Spent most of the week talking to EE technicians. The first one found that there was a problem with the Sim, checked everything and programmed and topped up the new Sim. It arrived but still had the same problem The next one could not find my details on EE. Eventually after a considerable period of time found my account and said the SIM card details were incorrect

I was told that it was all up and running. It is not. Off to the store tomorrow.  Not a fan of EE now but once bitten

Christopher_G

Hi @Depressed101 

Welcome tot he community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a problem with your service/SIM. Please come back and let us know what happens after you visit the store.

Chris