cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

These speeds are "within 4G parameters" apparently. I'm not accepting that...

AtheneNoctua
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

oB0Hu6vU.jpg-medium.jpegfpLuTSn4.jpg-medium.jpeg0zuq-1X5.jpg-medium.jpegI've been having severe - and I mean SEVERE - speed issues (4G can't get 5G here). I ran some tests (Ookla) from my phone (Android) Mac (M1 Max running macOS 13.4) and iPad (running iPadOS 16.5). This is what I'm currently seeing. It's not consistent (tonight I'm not even getting 20Mbps down). I'm being told that these are "within 4G parameters". I'm autistic and I've timed downloads. Real world download speeds are UNDER 1MB/s. I don't think that's in any way acceptable for £31/month. Not when I've had upwards of 10. This was the speed I had less than 3 weeks ago: Screenshot_20230426_204553_Speed Test.jpeg

I can't even connect to the Ookla app on my Mac , it can't find a connection. I'm consistently having websites 'timing out' on me because I'm "not connected to the Internet" (I can't even buy food). I'm autistic and housebound and I need a consistently reliable connection. I'm sorry but it is. I can't get landline broadband where I am (LU7) so I'm stuck with mobile.

I'm NOT being fobbed off with "this is within 4G parameters", Up is TWICE the speed of down at the moment. That's not right. 

I don't even know if I'll be able to post this. 

Any help out there...? Anyone else around here having issues...?

2 REPLIES 2
AtheneNoctua
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I've spent ages with various tech support people. There are NO known issues in this area (LU7 near Leighton Buzzard). Apparently I just have to accept **bleep**e speeds. I'm NOT going to be doing that for £31 a month... I'm in poor health and I DO NOT need the added stress.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AtheneNoctua,

I'm sorry to hear you're seeing slower download speeds from some sources than you'd like.

It looks like you're receiving relatively consistent speeds when testing, but in real use, download speeds will vary depending on the bandwidth made available to you by the service you're downloading from. You won't always be able to download at your peak 4G speed.

Not being able to access some websites at all is a different issue altogether and I'd recommend contacting our Technical Support Team to report it.

They'll be happy to help 🙂

James