cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registering a new Data Sim with the EE App

Stve2100
Investigator
Investigator

I am a new EE customer who is on a Data SIm only contract. I want to register and link  my new SIM card to the EE app on my phone but it says that I need to enter a OTP code into the app to link it.

i cannot put the new SIM into a mobile phone to get this OTP code as it needs to retain its original structure to fit into the router. I know it breaks down but I want to leave it in its unbroken state.

Is there any other way to register and link my new SIM card and Co tract to the EE app ?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Stve2100 

Welcome to the community.

If you speak to our Mobile Care team, they may be able to help set everything up from our side.

Chris

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Christopher_G

Hi @Stve2100 

Welcome to the community.

If you speak to our Mobile Care team, they may be able to help set everything up from our side.

Chris

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Most mobile routers can receive texts. Login to it & look for the SMS Section/Inbox.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thank you both for responding - I called EE customer support team ( technical section ) and as Christopher suggested they were able to verify my identity through my registered email address and my app is now connected.

Thank you 

Stve

Thank you for the advice - I didn’t know about the router message  facility and although I managed to sort my issue through other means it’s still a very useful piece of information

thank you 

Stve

Leanne_T

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @Stve2100 

Leanne 🙂