cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data connection

Park_Xiang
Explorer

Hi there! I Got a question, I got my first sim plan with EE yesterday and I have full signal and stuff but the data isn’t working despite being turned on and off and put in diff. mobile phones. It’s been 24 hours now and I still can’t use it yet. The strange thing was, I was able to use safari, chrome and open the EE app but on Facebook and other social media platforms, it says I don't have an Internet connection. Also, I can use the SIM to call but not on sending SMS. Could anybody help me please... Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Chris. Thanks for the reply. I phoned the customer service earlier that day and talked to 3 people for almost 2 hours and got no answer. They said that my case was the very first case that was unknown and they couldn't fix it. So they ended up for a solution of replacing a new sim cards and deactivated the "one-day" old ones 🥴.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Park_Xiang 

Welcome to the community.

What kind of phone are you using? Are you on contract or pay as you go?

Chris

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Which router do you have? How are you making calls from it?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi Chris. Thanks for the reply. I phoned the customer service earlier that day and talked to 3 people for almost 2 hours and got no answer. They said that my case was the very first case that was unknown and they couldn't fix it. So they ended up for a solution of replacing a new sim cards and deactivated the "one-day" old ones 🥴.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for the update, @Park_Xiang 🙂

James