cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Smart 5G Hub setting (possibly port forwarding?)

seve515
Explorer

Hello,

I've received my new Smart 5G Hub for my business. Everything works fine with the internet however I run various tournaments through some software and for whatever reason I cannot seem to get a connection to update my events when I try.

I will post the error message below. I assume it's something I can update in the router settings? The issue only seems present when I'm connected to the Smart 5G hub, If I take the laptop I'm using home or if I connect to my Mobile hotspot I can update. It's just not possible when connected to the Smart 5G Hub.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

seve515_0-1707654303471.png

6 REPLIES 6
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @seve515 

Welcome to the community.

Is this error specific to the software that you're using to update your tournaments? It may be worth reaching out to the software company to see if they can help identify what is causing this error.

Chris

Hi Chris, 

Yes I reached out to them and they made some suggestions but nothing worked unfortunately. 

It must be related to some setting on the Hub as like I said updates fine as soon as I switch to any other connection.

Was hoping someone could decipher something from those error codes or know or any possible solution.

Thanks 

Christopher_G

OK, thanks @seve515 

Did they give you any idea on what could be causing the problem? 

Chris

They suggested it may be something in the network set up that forbids ftp traffic. Perhaps secure transfer is then allowed but probably with another address to the server. The service decides if secure transfer is possible and the network and firewalls (all the way) decides what traffic can pass between Bangolf (the tournament software) and the server.

Unfortunately I have little knowledge in the area.

Christopher_G

Thanks @seve515 

I've had a quick look into FTP and can only think that it could be something to do with the fact that our Mobile Network uses Dynamic IP, rather than Static IP. If you let the software company know this, they may know of a workaround.

Chris

Thanks very much, will pass that on.

Appreciate the help.

Seve