cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eufy wireless cameras

Lincolnite1
Investigator
Investigator

At present I am on broadband with a landline, but the speeds are too low for installing Eufy wireless cameras, as I need at least 10Mns. I am considering changing to 4G mobile broadband, which EE say will give me 34Mbs; will the cameras work, as I have been told I need a static IP address, whatever that means

19 REPLIES 19

They're your WiFi network names. It's just that you don't to reveal them on a public site.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Yes, you are getting only 4 Meg, altho' I'm surprised you are not getting nearly twice that.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

So am I but all EE say is that is the best I can get, and they only guarantee 3meg. but could go up to 6, but have never had that. That's why I was thinking of mobile, but don't want to go for that if the Eufy cameras  (which have a hub, you connect to the router) won't work, or will work but I cannot access the CCVT images on my phone. As you can tell I am not technically minded with this stuff

If you want to look a bit further in your speed, Locate the hidden test socket that is revealed when you remove the bottom half of the split faceplate (2 screws or press tabs) of your master socket. Only do this if you have a split faceplate. Do you have any extension sockets in the home even if unused? Are there any wires connected to back of faceplate of master socket?

Try the BT Quiet Line Test (QLT), dial 17070 Opt 2, preferably with a corded phone, in the test socket with the router disconnected. If there is any noise, report it to your landline provider as a voice fault (don't mention Broadband). Often sorting out voice faults will fix the Broadband as well.

Reboot the router & plug it into the test socket. Post the full router stats & System Uptime when plugged into test socket.

Is the speed any better?

It's getting a bit technical now, so not too confident to do this

Perhaps you better leave it & decide about going to mobile BB. I'm surprised your cameras can't cope with 4 Meg speeds  providing you don't overload your BB.

Thanks; I have no problem going Mobile but I don't want to do that if the Cameras don't work after changing. The question is will they work; 

Sorry just realised that Eufy state that the upload (not download) speed needs to be at least 2Mbps and  mine is at best 1 and that's on a good day

If, as I believe, you are on EE standard ADSL BB you've got the top upload speed possible. In which case I wonder why you have a Smart Hub, which is only given for Fibre BB, rather than a Brightbox 1, which is what EE supplies only for ADSL.

I was having problems with my broadband keep dropping out, so they tested and said my brightbox was faulty and they sent me the smart hub

They can offer me mobile broadband but it doesn't state what the upload speed is, only the download, and its less than what I am paying, but not sure the cameras would work

@Lincolnite1   The cameras would work over a 4G router.   To test the speed of EE mobile network just down load a speed test app on your phone ( i assume you’re with EE for your phone ). Then just do the speed test.      You can also if needs be purchase an external antenna for the router so you get a better line of sight to the nearest EE mast.       Test the network speed do this up and down stairs next to an open window both on the front and back of the building.   You’ll find out if you require an external antenna if you see a device in network speed.