cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE hotspot wifi keeps disconnecting from my devices

daniel8992
Investigator
Investigator

I have purchased wifi hotspot from EE for 1 month as it covers my flat and the internet speed is very good. It automatically connects to my macbook when I switch it on (no log in required). However, it keeps disconnecting from my iPhone. I need to connect every 1 minute / 5 minutes / 10 minutes, and log in, putting in my username and password. It is extremely frustrating when it keeps disconnecting every few minutes, and it happens also when I am using my phone as well. Is there any way to fix this problem? Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @daniel8992,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Have you tried forgetting the WiFi connection in your iPhone's WiFi settings and reconnecting from scratch?

James

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
James_B

Hi @daniel8992,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Have you tried forgetting the WiFi connection in your iPhone's WiFi settings and reconnecting from scratch?

James

I have tried to do so, still testing if better. Does it usually keep connected throughout the month?

James_B

Let us know how you get on, @daniel8992 

I would expect your phone to hold the connection as well as your other devices.

James

I tried to forget the network many times, it still keeps asking me to log in every time I take a short break from my phone (e.g I'm not using my phone for 2 minutes and went back to check messages, it asks me to log in again). Does it have to do with auto-join and auto login on iphone?

James_B

Does your iPhone remain connected to other WiFi networks, @daniel8992?

Do you see an error message before it disconnects?

James

Yes. It usually remains connected to other WiFi networks. I don't see any error messages. My phone's screen locks after 1 minute when not used, and when I pick it up after a few minutes, it switches back to 4G/ 5G and asks me to reconnect to the EE hotspot.

James_B

Is WiFi assist turned on in your settings, @daniel8992?

James

Amelia786
Investigator
Investigator

I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this disconnected personal hotspot on your iPhone, but you can connect it. Here are some steps you can try to fix it:-

1. Restart Devices:- A simple restart of both your iPhone (providing the hotspot) and the device connecting to it can often resolve temporary glitches.
2. Software Update:- Ensure your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. Updates often include bug fixes that might address hotspot connectivity issues. Go to Settings > General > Software Update to check for updates.

3. Reset Network Settings:- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Be aware you'll need to re-enter your Wi-Fi passwords afterward.

4. Carrier Restrictions:- In rare cases, your carrier might restrict hotspot functionality on your plan. Contact your carrier to confirm there are no limitations.e.
5. Data Allowance:- Be mindful of your mobile data usage. If you reach your data cap, the hotspot might be disabled. 

More effective assistance below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqnYPf2gOYY&ab_channel=TheGeekPage

Hi James, I had it turned on. However, I tried turning off, and so far it has not made a difference