cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Disconnects all devices from its network.

Nanu97fly
Explorer

Hi there,

Recently I have changed from BT 900MB to EE broadband 900MB ( I know it is the same company now.). I have received my new EE Smart Hub roughly a week ago and I keep having issues with the router itself. What is happening is randomly during the day sometimes almost at every 20min sometimes more rarely the router disconnects everything from its network. The router starts to flash green and then back to blue and a few minutes later I can connect back and use the internet. I have changed the WiFi 6 from performance to compatibility that didn't help. Then I have factory reset the router and that didn't help either. The technical log shows DSL connection lost then some devices connected over Wi-Fi, Network interface eth2 down, Network interface eth3 down, Network interface eth0 down, Network interface eth2 up, Network interface eth3 up and Network interface eth0 up.

Connection Type: (FTTX)

App version: 1.11.0

Firmware version: r1.29-R-950306-PROD-83002

I was wondering if anybody had any similar issue or anyone could advise on anything.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Babawapaka
Visitor

Hey.

I am having the same problem.

I also have 900 MB connection + Smart Hub, and the tech log displays Network Interface eth0 down & DSL connection lost. Then after roughly two mins it comes back online & everything connects.

EE support arranged an Openreach engineer visit, he changed the ONT, still happening. Used my own router, still happening. Replaced the ethernet cable, still happening. Placed an ethernet switch between the ONT & the router, still happening. Used a different wall socket, still happening.

If smb from EE can bring clarification to this situation it would be great.

Hi,

For me thankfully it is sorted now. I had an openreach engineer come out who didn’t find anything wrong and suggested to get the router replaced. I had to phone EE again and got a replacement router and using it over a week now and no issues since.

I’d suggest to try to get a replacement router from them and see if that solves the issue.