cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE 5g router

Llayton2001
Investigator
Investigator

My ee 5g router has had a green power light, but a red network type and red internet light on all day, I have unplugged, turned off, took the SIM card out and reset the router loads and nothing has changed

6 REPLIES 6
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Llayton2001,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Are you still seeing the same issue this morning?

Do you have an EE phone? If you have, is that having any connection issues?

James

Yeah I’m still getting the same issue, I have an ee SIM card in my phone as well and that is working perfectly fine just the one in the 5g router isn’t working 

James_B

Hi @Llayton2001,

What happens if you switch SIM cards between your phone and router?

Do you get service on either?

James

If I put my phone sim in the router, the router works but if I put the sim from my router into my phone, my phone says no sim 

James_B

Thanks for confirming @Llayton2001 

That rules out a fault with the router itself. The issue must be SIM or account related.

Please get in touch with Customer Care so a member of the team can take a quick look at your account.

They'll be happy to help. 🙂

James

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Is it on contract or PAYG?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)