cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE 4G Router awful

BrinScaff
Visitor

We live rural and had been recommended to use the EE 4G router for wifi. We were informed that we would have no issues with speed and usage by EE however it is the worst wifi we have ever used. 

The download and upload speed is abysmal. The signal drops significantly all the time. We only got this wifi as living rural we had limited options. EE had assured us we would have no issues yet issues is all we have. I do not recommend at all. Hoping to switch to a different company which has far greater broadband for our area. 

EE told us to use the connection checker which we did at the time (before installing) and were told that it is the best for where we are, however now comparing to other companies that can provide a better service, EE is significantly the worst for internet. 

16 REPLIES 16
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @BrinScaff 

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some problems with your service. How long have you had it for? Did you take it out over the phone, website or in store?

Chris

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@BrinScaff   The signal checker is a guide and it does say this on there.   You probably need an outdoor antenna. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Are you using the router's inbuilt antenna?

What level of service does the coverage checker predict for your area? And what coverage does an EE phone get in the same?

Mariyam_M
Explorer

I've been having a similar issue with the connection on my EE router dropping constantly. Have reached out to EE they even sent a new router but it's hopeless. 

I mean my upload speed isn't too bad but that's when it actually works and network checker states I should have great speeds ta 4G with no issues indoor or outdoor. 

I do think its an issue with the router as I also have my mobile with EE and never have this issue with my mobile data so can't be network connection.

Best thing is wait till contract is up or ring them up and cancel and move to a better provider I think it's still early days for EE launching these products and they have a LONG way to go to perfect this product. 

James_B

Hi @Mariyam_M,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Have you tried experimenting with where the router is positioned in your home?

James

Hi @James_B,

Yeah it's always plugged in to a power socket by the window at front of the house. 

I also don't live in a rural area. I've spoken to the tech team God knows how many times and got nowhere to be honest. Even had a new router go out and EE were cheeky enough to try and get me to pay for it which was ridiculous.

Even a new router hasn't resolved the issue hence why I believe it's an issue with any routers EE make which aren't built for purpose.

I'm tied into a contract which I would never recommend anyone to do for the 4G EE router and plan to leave ASAP. 

James_B

Hi @Mariyam_M,

I'd recommend trying it in a few different spots to see if that improves things.

James

Linnda
Investigator
Investigator

I’m having exactly the same problem. I constantly ring EE and they go through all the same stuff. Itntooo me nearly five minutes to just get this page to load!

The thing I don’t understand is my neighbours, whose house is attached to mine, can get fully working Broadband from EE yet I am constantly told I have to use a router. 

Leanne_T

Hi @Linnda 

Do you have a mobile phone with us as well as the WiFi device? If so, does this experience signal issues? 

Have you checked the EE Broadband Deals | EE Home Broadband page to see if this is available? 

Leanne.