cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blink camera and doorbell 4g

RGsa87
Investigator
Investigator

has anybody have had issues connecting the blink devices to the 4g mobile broadband? i have tried numerous ways and still no connection??

23 REPLIES 23
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi and welcome to the community, @RGsa87.

How far do you get with setting it up?

Chris

Hi Christopher, I have followed all the steps, till after my WiFi password then it says cannot connect. I have then reset the doorbell and tried again same thing. 

Christopher_G

So it accepts the password, just doesn't connect fully, @RGsa87? Is that right?

Chris

It says Blink doorbell failed to connect. And then it says that it might be the password that is incorrect. I made sure the password is correct.

James_B

Hi @RGsa87,

Sorry, Blink devices require a non-cellular WiFi network according to the system requirements in Blink — System Requirements (blinkforhome.com).

James

RGsa87
Investigator
Investigator

Hi James so you saying my EE mobile broadband is useless connecting to any blink devices?

James_B

Hi @RGsa87,

The system requirements on the Blink website indicates that a DSL, Cable or Fibre broadband connection is required for their products.

James

@James_B : Contradictory reqts! What's the point of stipulating a mobile device, iOS, Android or Fire, & then say it must be used over a non-cellular 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network connected to DSL, Fibre or Cable BB?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Christopher_G

It could be for a mobile app, @XRaySpeX. Just speculating though.

Chris