cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad signal in Cairo

999Sneezer
Visitor

• Been in downtown Cairo for 5 days. Been using sketchy hotel WiFi  which is really slow, even though I was told by lady in the EE shop in Manchester I could use my own data out here if I pay the £2 a day fee. It shows a strong signal on the WiFi screen but nothing will connect, no internet, no maps and no calls. Used none of my data since leaving the UK. But you kept on sending me the text saying that I need to buy a data package to use over here in Egypt. Like a mug, I bought a 5 day allowance, and hey presto, still nothing.Am at my wit's end with EE..
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@999Sneezer  You can not use your own tariff allowance in Egypt so not sure why you got told that.     You will need to purchase a data add to use data.  

See THIS 

not sure what 5 day add on your purchased but that’s not going to a one to gives you a data in Egypt,    Have you restarted the device since you got there ?   And is roaming enabled on your EE account ?   

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@999Sneezer  You can not use your own tariff allowance in Egypt so not sure why you got told that.     You will need to purchase a data add to use data.  

See THIS 

not sure what 5 day add on your purchased but that’s not going to a one to gives you a data in Egypt,    Have you restarted the device since you got there ?   And is roaming enabled on your EE account ?