cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5GEE Router LAN port appears to be inactive

moonfruit
Investigator
Investigator

I'm unable to connect to the internet via the LAN port on my EE 5GEE router (no ethernet port lights illuminate when a device is plugged in). I've tried connecting the following devices to the LAN port

• MacBook Pro via Belkin ethernet USB Type-C adapter
  • Ubiquiti U6 Lite access point via Ubiquiti POE adapter

but nothing seems to work. I first received the 5GEE router 3 days ago, and the LAN port was functioning and providing internet access via the U6 Lite access point before stopping suddenly after about an hour. The LAN port hasn't worked since.

Rebooting the 5GEE router hasn't resolved the issue.

• Software version: 5GEE_Router_V01.12
  • Device: 5GEE Router
8 REPLIES 8
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @moonfruit 

Does the cable work with another router? Or do you have another cable you can test with the 5GEE Router?

Chris

Hi @Christopher_G,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm afraid using a different ethernet cable doesn't resolve the issue.

James_B

Thanks for checking @moonfruit 

Please get in touch with Technical Support so a member of the team can help.

James

Hi @James_B,

I contacted EE technical support about this issue last week and they were unable to resolve this issue because their knowledge base didn't cover the issue I described to them.

I can see a number of people have posted questions about similar issues related to the LAN port on this device over the past 2 years so I know I'm not alone.

James_B

Hi @moonfruit,

Did they offer to repair or replace your router?

James

Hi @James_B ,

They offered to replace/repair the router however it subsequently emerged I was ineligible because I purchased the router second hand; in any case, this is likely a software, not hardware, issue.

James_B

Hi @moonfruit,

As the router seems to be faulty, I would recommend returning it to the retailer you purchased it from.

James

Hi @James_B ,

In my experience, I find it highly unlikely that the LAN port will have failed (hardware-wise) after only an hour of device use.

I know I'm not the first person to experience an issue like this, so I do hope that EE community members reading this will offer any useful discussion related to the issue I am experiencing.