cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data in some locations

woollypigs
Visitor

Hi

I got EE unlimited/no speed caps SIM in a NetGear Nighthawk M2, connected to an outside antenna.

I have seen other users of EE reporting the same, suddenly no data, but with other providers SIMs in the M2, there's plenty of data. They haven't changed an setting like APN etc. Like this https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Mobile-Broadband/Negear-M5200-APN-Settings/td-p/1137126

I've noticed the same in some locations, eg. Lochgoilhead, Scotland vs Rest and be Thankful just up the road.

Down in Lochgoilhead, I'm clocking 110mbps down (sadly can't remember up speed, but easy over 25mpbs)

Drive up the hill and no data what so ever, even if the Nighthawk M2 says connect and the signal is Fair.

Swap the EE SIM in the Nighthawk M2, with my O2/giffgaff SIM and the data is back at 20-30mbps.

Put my EE SIM into my Pixel 6 Pro and data flows happily, sadly can't remember the speed, but plenty enough to stream a movie without buffering.

I'm now north of Fort William, Scotland, where the EE coverage map says I would/should have a good 4G signal in doors, but no data what so ever. But data on O2/giffgaff when that SIM is in the M2. And data when the EE SIM is in my phone.

Again I've done nothing, like the others, to the settings in the M2 or phone, all that have happened is that I drove to a new location and therefore EE mast.

Last time this happened I did a factory reset, updated the firmware, reentered the APN settings, turned the Nighthawk M2 off for a few minutes in hope that EE and the M2 will forget each other and therefore connect on new and better terms 😉 But none of that, helped at all.

I really wonder if it is the location eg the masts settings, not us users.

Anywhooo thanks for listening 😉

1 REPLY 1
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @woollypigs,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Our Technical Support Team will be happy to take a detailed look at this if you get in touch.

Thanks

James