cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g wifi mini

asraaaa
Visitor

So I bought the EE 4g wifi mini device 2 weeks ago (120GB for 12 months) and I was hoping to use it for the whole year at 10GB per month. However in 2 weeks about 7GB is already gone – I've only used it on FaceTime and whatsapp so far because I'm paranoid about quick data loss and I heard this could happen, and when I refresh the EE page on this, after a 10 minute FaceTime, 300MB of the wifi is already gone. 

I also have an EE mobile plan on 1GB per month, and when I do 10 minute factimes it doesn't even take 100MB, (I've managed to do a lot of facetimes over my 1gb and never had an issue) 

Is that because I have settings on what cellular data can use and that wifi just uses everything even when I haven't opened the apps? (I'm also ONLY connected on my phone, not any other device, yet sometimes it shows '2 devices connected'.) 

When I called an EE person to ask about this, he said this is fine for a week's use, and that if there's a problem I would know about a couple months in, but he also said that it resets every 30 days? I made sure to tell him that it was a pay as you go EE wifi dongle, and he had the number for this device and the info pulled up, and he still explicitly told me it resets and I get 120GB every month. So, I don't really know what's going on, lol. 

I would appreciate if someone can tell me that 7gb of wifi gone in 2 weeks when I've used it only for 10 mins a day on Facetime and whatsapp is fine and normal, even though I can do so much more on my 1GB of data per month and it uses less. And also if this actually resets every month because I really don't think it does? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @asraaaa,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Yes, any restrictions you've applied to mobile data usage wouldn't apply when connected to WiFi.

If you've purchased 120GB for 12 months, the data allowance wouldn't be renewed each month.

James

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @asraaaa,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Yes, any restrictions you've applied to mobile data usage wouldn't apply when connected to WiFi.

If you've purchased 120GB for 12 months, the data allowance wouldn't be renewed each month.

James